Natural/Adabas Modernization & Migration Solutions | MOST Technologies
It’s Time to Move Forward
Technology changes and moves forward. In order to keep up, we have to embrace change. The same goes for your applications, programming language and databases. If your applications still run on Natural/Adabas, you are a candidate for mainframe modernization.
Your Natural/Adabas system may have performed well in the past, but today this combination is no longer widely accepted. As applications evolve, web-based platforms and relational databases are now the top picks for major organizations.
Modernization or migration is a necessity.
MOST Technologies Offers a Smooth and Easy Migration with OnTarget
Most Technologies, a global solutions provider for mainframe customers, offers a smooth and easy way for you to move forward. Thanks to our automated and field-proven technology, the migration of Natural/Adabas is a real option that can be achieved efficiently with minimal risk. Database migration and program language reengineering to a 3-level architecture is indeed possible.
MOST's OnTarget technology is especially designed for handling Natural/Adabas conversion and migration. Complete control of the conversion process is provided by using a field-proven methodology that is essential to project success.
OnTarget ─ ONE tool for ALL migration activities
This all-in-one solution includes:
- Automated analysis of the Natural code and Adabas file structures
- confirm custom inventory
- identify exceptional inventory issues
- identify migration complexities
- derive/estimate required tasks and produce project plans
- Automated Adabas to RDBMS design
- Automated data migration and verification
- Automated Cobol code generation
- Full preservation of business logic and user interfaces
- Cobol 3-Layer Architecture implementation
- Presentation layer
- Business Logic layer
- Data Access layer
This business logic separation serves as a foundation for using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Transition from Natural Conversational mode to Cobol Pseudo-conversational (CICS) for efficient online mainframe processing
- Automated conversion of JCL, procedures and parameters
- Co-existence capabilities to support phased implementation of not-yet-migrated Natural/Adabas and RDBMS applications during a multi-phase migration project
- An automated refresh mechanism that permits continued application maintenance during the project and incorporates changes made to the original Natural programs after the beginning of the project
- Automated testing that ultimately addresses testing of migrated applications to ensure they truly replicate the functionality and user interface of the original Natural/Adabas system.
Adabas to RDBMS Orchestrated Design
It’s a solution that suits you. While designing RDBMS tables, OnTarget analyzes inter-dependencies between the Adabas files and Natural application processing to produce a refined and efficient target database design. For example:
- Fields not in use by Application – The field (optionally) will not be contained in the target table.
- Keys not in use by Application – If Adabas keys (SUPER, SUB Descriptors, etc.) are not used in the application, an INDEX is not created in the target table. This improves performance and makes the data migration process more efficient.
- Multiple DDMs in the same field – This is for logical views used by the Natural application that define the field’s format length. OnTarget identifies inconsistencies in a given field to ensure the correct setting for target columns.
Proven Expertise and a Complete Solution
It’s time to move forward. With the complete solutions of OnTarget matched with the expertise of Most Technologies, migrating your Natural/Adabas applications can be smooth, efficient and risk-free.
MOST is IBM’s preferred Business Partner for Natural/Adabas migration to DB2 and is recommended by Gartner Inc. for Legacy Modernization.